[c-nsp] spanning-tree for local switching on ASR920

Nick Cutting ncutting at edgetg.com
Mon Mar 12 16:21:16 EDT 2018

Sorry to drag this one up - Gert did you ever get a working config for this?

I plan on using a pair of 920's with a layer 2 broadcast domain on the 12 gigabit Ethernet ports, and using the 10g ports to connect to separate carriers, bust also use 1 10g port to carry the HSRP for the /24 customer address space.
The 1 gig ports will all need to be in the customer's /24 that they will advertise to the independent carriers, I would like run STP in case of a cabling error, but the routers are entirely owned by them, in their data center, and only to be used for ipv4 BGP internet services and a default route from each carrier.

Usually we set this up with a pair of routers and 2 switches - in this case I need to do it all on a ASR-920-12SZ-IM (cheap 10g router)
Is this possible?

Nick