[c-nsp] OSPFv3 in CoPP

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Tue Mar 13 11:39:16 EDT 2018

Howdy,

This is SUP2T, I am just playing with this in a lab (I realize sup2t is dead).

I notice that if I enable a CoPP policy and then do clear ipv6 ospf process 1 (yes) the process gets stuck forever in EXSTART until I remove the service-policy and then instantly It connects and begins operating normally. I am assuming that it is because I am blocking something accidentally via my CoPP policy.

I've allowed protocol 89 sourced from the entire link-local subnet and then when that didn't work I then allowed all ipv6 on the link-local subnet. If I debug the traffic it just keeps re-transmitting DBDs to the IPv4 address of the peer (that is probably just the router-id) on the VLAN, over and over.

Does anyone have a working CoPP ACL for OSPFv3?

Thanks,
-Drew