[c-nsp] Nexus 3048 airflow configuration

Jonathan Stewart jonathan.stewart at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 16:45:41 EDT 2018

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 2:40 PM, Tim Cooper <lists at coop3r.com> wrote:

> Surely using industry terminology like ‘back-to-front’ and ‘front-to-back’
> and then changing what that means whimsically depending on to which product
> it applies is stupid? Or is that just me?

It appears stupid and confusing to me as well.

Reference to the ports seems most descriptive and least confusing.

On modern datasheets, for example the Nexus 9300 -EX and -FX, it says:
NXA-FAN-30CFM-F - Nexus Single Fan, 30CFM, port side exhaust airflow
NXA-FAN-30CFM-B - Nexus Single Fan, 30CFM, port side intake airflow

This is better language than back-to-front; "But which side is the front?"

Jonathan

> wrote:
> >> Anyone else using these noticed that the default airflow configuration
> is
> >> what I would consider 'back-to-front' but the device reports it as
> >> 'front-to-back'?
> >>
> >> Is it normal for Nexus stuff to default to this configuration, and if
> so is
> >> it normal for the port side as the rear?
> >>
> >> Thanks

     Jonathan