[c-nsp] many 2960-X rebooting today

Brandon Applegate brandon at burn.net
Fri Mar 16 14:27:40 EDT 2018

> On Mar 16, 2018, at 2:08 PM, Nick Cutting <ncutting at edgetg.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks we have disabled this now - It is in our new build script, these were rolled out a few months ago.
>
> I guess there is no way of seeing if this exploit was executed, perhaps in the crashdump somewhere?

I’m struggling to remember.  I want to say you will see a %SYS-5-CONFIG - Configured from XXX by YYY message.

The questions become:

-	Are you syslogging out to a server that would have caught this ?
-	Is there any IP in there of where it was originated from ?
	- If so - other than an abuse report to the respective ISP and blocking the IP - what can be done ?

I guess the other thing I’d add - is if there’s any weak crypto (type 7, or even a weak type 5 etc.) passwords or keys in your config, you might want to change these.  In other words, assume they have a copy of your config and act accordingly.

PS: This is all assuming it was an exploit like this in the first place.

--
Brandon Applegate - CCIE 10273
PGP Key fingerprint: