[c-nsp] QOS Tx Drops on N3k

Sergey S. gforgx at fotontel.ru
Sat Mar 17 18:52:52 EDT 2018

Hi,

I'm running NXOS 7.0(3)I5(2) on N3K-C3064PQ-10GE.

Output discards counter is gradually incrementing on one 10G port
despite it not being oversubscribed in those moments of time.

If I look at "sh hardware internal interface asic counters module 1"
these drops are displayed as QOS Tx Drops.

I've tried setting up "hardware profile buffer info port-threshold" even
to the lowest values (e. g., 1%) to figure out if there is a problem
with QoS queues, however there isn't any information in "sh hardware
internal buffer info pkt-stats port-log" (most likely I don't understand
the concept of buffer monitoring and/or it's totally unrelated to my issue).

There isn't any special QoS configuration on the switch. It is just as
follows:

policy-map type network-qos jumbo
   class type network-qos class-default
     mtu 9216
system qos
   service-policy type network-qos jumbo

Not sure whether this gives some clue, anyway, the port in the subject
is connected to a large broadcast domain (Internet Exchange Point).

Thank you for any hint!