[c-nsp] VIRL vs GNS3 vs Else for Automation practicing

Jerry Kemp cisco.mail.list at oryx.us
Mon May 21 15:32:45 EDT 2018

Assuming that these are the people/group you are referencing here:

http://eve-ng.net

Wondering if you, or anyone here, is familiar with the EVE-NG product and its operation.

Does it work well for you?

And most importantly, is it a time-expiring license like VIRL?

I'd rather purchase a product, and, even if my current version is old/outdated, I would prefer to be able to run with what I have.
I go thru periods where I intensely use a product for a few weeks, then leave it alone for months, till I need it again.   I'm happy
to pay, and VIRL seems to be a great product, but its time based license conflicts with my actual usage needs.

Jerry