[c-nsp] ASR9k from 6.1.4 to 6.2.3

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Wed May 30 05:56:21 EDT 2018

On 29 May 2018 at 18:58, Ted Pelas Johansson <ted.johansson at tele2.com> wrote:
> Hi Erik,
>
> That is the default of XR.

Yeah that was my opinion too. If you are using RRs and the PEs/ASBRs
retained all routes reflected to them by default, even when the VRF
isn't present and/or "retain route-target xxx" isn't configured, it
would cause some scaling issues, so this is exactly how I would expect
it to work (and how I have been using IOS-XR).

For a PE device we add the VRF to terminate a customer and thus the
routes are retained. On an ASBR where we have Inter-AS OptB we use
"retain route-target policy xxx" to avoid having all the VRFs defined
on a device without the customers connect to it.

Kind regards,
James.