[c-nsp] 3750 and CVE-2018-0167

Sebastian Beutel sebastian.beutel at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed May 30 11:52:07 EDT 2018

Dear list,

    we're still having some Cat 3750 in operation and it will still take
some time till we can retire the last ones. We've asked Cisco whether they
are planning to publish a new software image for this platform that fixes
CVE-2018-0167 despite the fact that the product is way beyond end of
security and vulnerability support.
    Our Cisco representative stated that they are not planning to do so
despite the severity of the bug. He also said we're the only customer having
this issue. So my question is: If you're still running 3750s, how do you
deal with this?

Best,
   Sebastian.

P.S.: Cisco's advisory: