[c-nsp] Connect "normal" Service instance to Vlan on Switch module

Nick Cutting ncutting at edgetg.com
Fri Nov 16 16:14:20 EST 2018

I am not sure if this is possible.

I have an ISR1111 (IOS XE, 16.8)

And I have a working service instance bridging the two WAN ports

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
 no ip address
 negotiation auto
 service instance 901 ethernet
  encapsulation untagged
  bridge-domain 901

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
 no ip address
 negotiation auto
 service instance 901 ethernet
  encapsulation untagged
  bridge-domain 901

I want to connect these two WAN ports to the switching module / WLAN module
Which has a switchport config, not a routed port config

interface Wlan-GigabitEthernet0/1/4
 switchport trunk native vlan 600
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 600,692,901
 switchport mode trunk

or:

interface GigabitEthernet0/1/1
 switchport access vlan 901
 switchport mode access
 spanning-tree portfast

I cannot seem to connect the L3 BDI 901, or use a traditional SVI to "tap into" the L2 vlan 901

I was hoping to use:

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
 service instance 901 ethernet
 encapsulation untagged
  rewrite ingress tag push dot1 901

but the command will not complete, even though it question marks to a <cr>

% Ambiguous command:  "rewrite ingress tag push dot1 901 "
ROUTER(config-if-srv)#rewrite ingress tag push dot1 901 ?
  <cr>          <cr>

Anyone else have any ideas?