[c-nsp] ISR (or ISR-like) router with dual SIM?

Joel M Snyder Joel.Snyder at opus1.com
Tue Nov 27 12:09:44 EST 2018

 > Anyone know of a router that has the flexibility of and ISR, i.e. where
 > I can do stuff like GRE-in-GRE+IPSec, and can have two cellular data
 > connections via two SIMs from different providers?

I do a lot of work in this area and what I've seen over the last few
years is that almost all products are getting rid of an internal modem
and either using USB-based dongles OR, even more flexibly,
Ethernet-connected cellular modems.

It's obviously more convenient to have the whole thing integrated into a
single package, but if space is not an issue, stacking any Cisco router
you like with  Ethernet-connected cellular modems is the way of the
future if you want to stick with reliable/programmable gear like Cisco.

There are both SOHO and industrial versions---a quick search will turn
up units from manufacturers at all price points, including folks like
Netgear, Alcatel, and Digi (about $100), as well as lower cost units.

jms

--
Joel M Snyder, 1404 East Lind Road, Tucson, AZ, 85719
Senior Partner, Opus One       Phone: +1 520 324 0494