[c-nsp] Does Cisco have container LSP?

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Mon Oct 1 06:00:04 EDT 2018

> Alex K.
> Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2018 11:41 AM
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> Does Cisco gear (ASRs specifically), have container LSPs (similar to
Juniper,
> aka MPLS TE++)?
>
> After a lot of research, I was unable to find something similar, while it
can
> benefit a particular network.
>
> In addition, I'll be glad to hear everyone, on the MPLS TE++ matter.
> Anything - your overall impression, issues, do and don't, day to day
operation
> etc.

Hi Alex,
I'm not aware of such feature in ASR9k/XR.
Though thinking about it I'm not sure it's the right solution to your
problem.

But that's just me I came to a conclusion (for now anyways) that I'd like my
traffic patterns to be predictable in all situations as that helps with
understanding what the network is doing and what the network is supposed to
be doing in various scenarios. And adding dynamic vectors like BW constrains
seem to overcomplicate things to the extreme.
That said I'd use DiffServ rather than IntServ.

But I'd love to hear convincing arguments for IntServ in MPLS backbone.

adam

netconsultings.com
::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::