[c-nsp] BGP DFZ convergence time - FIB programming

Ted Pelas Johansson ted.johansson at tele2.com
Fri Oct 5 03:23:40 EDT 2018

Hi Rob,

Please have a look at Niclas blog post about the NCS5500, it should answer your question:
https://xrdocs.io/cloud-scale-networking/tutorials/ncs5500-fib-programming-speed/

Best Regards
Ted

Sent while walking

On 5 Oct 2018, at 09:18, Robert Hass <robhass at gmail.com<mailto:robhass at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi
I'm looking for share experiences regarding time needed to program full DFZ
table (710K IPv4 prefixes) on NCS 5500 boxes.

Right now we testing competitors (Jericho based boxes) and results are not
impressive - time needed to program is aroud 2min 30sec up to 3min.

How fast NCS 5500 is handing FIB programming ?

Rob