[c-nsp] BGP DFZ convergence time - FIB programming

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sat Oct 13 12:18:52 EDT 2018

On 11/Oct/18 23:47, Robert Raszuk wrote:

> Decent bgp implementation should not allow iBGP learned routes to be
> subject to any bgp policy as doing so will easily result with
> inconsistent routing. So on this ground there can be bgp code path
> differences on how the routes are processed.

We actually do a lot of policy on iBGP sessions, both on the RR's and
their clients.

95% of the policies are in the outbound direction, with the rest being
inbound.

In our case, we can support both consistent and inconsistent internal
routing at the same time. It can depend on device functions, device
location or device resources.

Mark.