[c-nsp] Frustrated with parser views

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Thu Sep 6 15:12:33 EDT 2018

Hi all,
I'm having some frustrating issues with a parser view I've set up on our devices. The purpose is to prevent users from seeing and/or changing things that they shouldn't. One of the issues we have is that I need some users to be able to clear sticky macs from ports in service instances. Easy, right?

commands config-service-instance include all mac

Nope. What about this?

commands config-service-instance include all mac security

Still not good enough.

commands config-service-instance include all mac security sticky address

STILL not good enough. I have to configure the 'no' counterpart to that command:

commands config-service-instance include all no mac security sticky address

I thought that the point of the 'all' wildcard was to support...all...command options that fall under the command you enter. Is that interpretation wrong?

-evt