[c-nsp] OSPF+BGP and MPLS Q's

Netravnen netravnen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 04:46:23 EDT 2018

Hi ringbit,

On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 at 19:32, <ringbit at mail.com> wrote:
> 1. Is there a better way of doing the HA than having adjacencies to the router (can be 3 hops away) over two different VLANs and different OSPF cost over trunk links with BFD enabled?
Minimized usage of VLAN's in the core is my recommendation. And only
VLAN's at edge ports.
For the HA part. Having OSPF with ECMP would be my solution. Maybe
doing the metric setting for links manually for all core ports with
OSPF enabled to stricly control chosen paths.

> 4. At what point would you introduce RouteReflectors in the network (e.g. when 5, 10, 20 IBGP connections?)
Will depend on you network topology.
https://packetpushers.net/bgp-rr-design-part-1/
If you asked me. I would start as soon as I reach ~5 devices running
BGP with different sizes of BGP feeds (some running fullfeed, other
only running partial feed). Doing filtering on RRs is easier done than
doing filtering on _every_ bgp enabled device doing it.

/Netravnen