[c-nsp] Cisco Nexus 3064

Nathan Lannine nathan.lannine at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 08:54:17 EDT 2019

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 8:16 AM Tom Hill <tom at ninjabadger.net> wrote:

> On 30/03/2019 14:26, Colton Conor wrote:
> > Does the Nexus 3064 support MPLS? VPLS? Routing using OSPF and BGP?
>

> You can of course look this up on the Cisco website:
>

> https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/switches/nexus-3064-switch/index.html
>
> See the data sheet towards the bottom, which lists the software features
> which are supported (and omits those which are not).
>
> Worth noting that I found this in the 'End of Life' section of the Nexus
> 3000 product catalogue.

In my experience, some Nexus platform features are restricted by a
license.  Per the data sheet to which Mr. Hill alluded, it seems access to
all of the ports on the 3064-32T could also be limited by a license.  Also,
it appears there has at least been an EOL announcement for the 3064-X such
that you can no longer attach a new service contract to it (through
Cisco).  Though, there are third parties out there that might attach a
non-Cisco service contract to it for you.

Thank you,
Nathan