[c-nsp] Seamless MPLS interacting with flat LDP domains

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Tue Apr 30 11:05:04 EDT 2019

> Robert Raszuk
> Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 3:01 PM
>
> Yes Mark ... numerous both in WAN and DC space.
>
> In fact entire Contrail was based on L3VPN over UDP/IP too.
Unfortunately,
And they were soooo close in getting the right answer. (much better than the
VXLAN bunder -and all the stupid extensions to that in order to attempt to
match what comes naturally with L2VPNs using MPLS)
So yes even with Contrail I'd still need to have PEs at the edge of the DCs
doing stitching between "DC MPLS" and MPLS-CORE MPLS (and doing
recirculation at PFE "tunnel-services" -so much for vendor support).
With no prospect of simple and automated end to end traffic-engineering from
a DC to other DCs/Eyeballs/Internet-Edge
Not mentioning I could have had a single SDN controller...

> So is EVPN in
> number of real life deployments.
>
> All vendors support it too, but their marketing is scared that they will
loose
> $$$ as it will open much easier market penetration by new vendors so they
> like to keep you tight to LDP :)

Get me the TE capability and then I might consider switching.

adam