[c-nsp] 6800 ISSU issue

Chuck Church chuckchurch at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 16:22:12 EDT 2019

So, just to follow up, we had a TAC case open for this.  The ISSU method
(eFSU) we were using is only supported when staying within the train you're
on.   See
https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/SX_SY_EFSU_Compatibility_Matrix.xlsx
.  You'd think IOS would warn you were trying to use a method that wasn't
compatible, but it seems to just result in what we saw.  It's still a
mystery on what method we've got to use to minimize downtime on our
upgrade.  I assume there is a good documented method for quad sups, and
changing major version numbers.

Chuck