[c-nsp] Mapping enterprise CoS to SP CoS

Marcin Kurek md.kurek at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 01:04:35 EDT 2019

Dear all,

Let's assume a scenario where there is a Service Provider running a
converged MPLS network, supporting 8 class QoS model. Within this model
there is a dedicated class for provider's network control traffic.
Now, we want to purchase a L2VPN circuit from this provider and run our
own routing protocol on top of it, along with our regular enterprise
traffic.
Service Provider has a hierarchical color-aware policing on ingress and
non-conforming traffic within a class will be remarked to best effort.

What is the best practice for mapping enterprise network control traffic
to Service Provider CoS, assuming they don't have a separate, dedicated
queue for that purpose?

Many thanks,
Marcin