[c-nsp] ASR9K XR 6.4.2 and SNMP monitoring

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Dec 19 06:21:35 EST 2019

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 10:25:45PM +1300, Ivan Walker wrote:
> If you do work this out please share.  I did search and was unsuccessful on
> older software sometime ago.

There's this thing called "Google".  Third hit on a search for
"IOS XR SNMP privilege" turns up this link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/crs/software/crs_r4-1/system_management/command/reference/b_sysman_cr41crs/b_sysman_cr41crs_chapter_01110.pdf

which suggests the missing bit might be adding "SystemOwner" to the
"snmp-server community..." commnads.

As in

  snmp-server community MySecret RO SystemOwner
                                     ^^^^^^^^

(we do not have this active anywhere right now, but it rings familiar)

gert