[c-nsp] Cisco 8000

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Dec 20 09:23:53 EST 2019

On 20/Dec/19 10:59, Saku Ytti wrote:

> So I fail to see vendor/merchant different here, I continue to see
> run-to-completion and pipeline difference here. And indeed merchant
> (particularly Jericho) does have flexibility now Cisco and Juniper
> equivalent pipelines do not have, simply because they get requirements
> from a wider audience.

Quite possibly, but the few tests we've done over recent years where
merchant silicon has had to verse vendor silicon, the latter has always
won out.

Also, when we dig deeper with the vendors during tests, they are
reluctant to back up their claims (in person, not in written responses)
about what their software can historically do on not-their-silicon.

Mark.