[c-nsp] RFC5837

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sun Jan 13 04:26:36 EST 2019

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 at 09:45, Nikolay Shopik <shopik+lists at nvcube.net> wrote:

> Are there traceroute implementation had patch for it? last time I
> checked (5 years or so), there isn't any. Though we did complained to
> our vendor about it.

I've not actively researched, but I don't think this is a problem.
Writing traceroute application is trivial from scratch, and any
existing traceroute implementation with any support for extensions
would be easy to support, such as this:
https://github.com/8enet/traceroute/blob/master/traceroute/extension.c

This is probably chicken-egg problem, why write implementation, when
you can't test it.

I'm happy to write supporting traceroute for linux+osx should someone
have supporting device to test against :)

--
  ++ytti