[c-nsp] ASR920 is a ticking timebomb (CSCvk35460)

Lukas Tribus lists at ltri.eu
Wed Jan 23 08:34:21 EST 2019

Hello,

On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 at 13:37, Tassos Chatzithomaoglou
<achatz at forthnet.gr> wrote:

> Has anyone been hit by CSCvk35460?
>
> Symptom:
> counter not increasing under show interface even though packets are
> being forwarded normally
>
> Conditions:
> ASR920 is running for nearly 889 days
>
> Workaround:
> none
>
> It seems strange that Cisco has terminated it as non-reproducible,
> unless all customers using it are doing yearly updates/reloads.

Seems to me like you are sure that is an actual bug, triggered by the
889 days of uptime and 100% reproducible. Can you elaborate why you
are sure about that?

> The spicy details are hidden in the internal notes (talk to your AM/AS),
> because the effect seems to much more than just stuck counters.

And what is that effect? You seem to have much more information than
what's in the public part of the bug toolkit, can you please share
those?

Thanks,
Lukas