[c-nsp] Nexus Lack of Functionality Parity

Mike Hammett cisco-nsp at ics-il.net
Mon Jul 15 10:16:45 EDT 2019

Is it common for there to be a lack of functionality parity across the Nexus line?

We had a loop issue over the weekend. Our Nexus 3064s talked about it non-stop. The 9396 at the core and the 3548 where the loop problem existed never reported any issues.

The 3064s were logging something similar to: %L2FM-2-L2FM_MAC_FLAP_DISABLE_LEARN_N3K: Loops detected in the network for mac 90e2.ba84.2295 among ports Eth1/18 and Eth1/52 vlan 777 - Disabling dynamic learning notifications for a period between 120 and 240 seconds on vlan 777

I turned on some mac-move logging which got me more information on the 3064s, but still nothing on the others.

N3K-C3064PQ-10GE

Cisco NX-OS 7.0(3)I6(2)

N3K-C3064PQ-10GE

Cisco NX-OS 7.0(3)I5(2)