[c-nsp] SUP6T IPv6 policy routing

Hefin James [ahj] ahj at aber.ac.uk
Mon Jun 10 10:38:36 EDT 2019

Everyone,

I've run into a bit of a problem with policy routing IPv6 addresses where the match pattern never matches (sample below).
We have 2 active/active links and have been using IPv4 policy routing for years, we 're now starting to deploy IPv6 on the campus, and have hit an immediate problem with running with active/active links.
Anybody else running IPv6 policy routing and have hit any issues?

Vlan interface has this assigned:
ipv6 policy route-map TEST-ROUTE-MAP-V6

sh route-map TEST-ROUTE-MAP-V6
route-map TEST-ROUTE-MAP-V6, permit, sequence 30
  Match clauses:
     ipv6 address prefix-list ABER-IPV6-SOUTH
  Set clauses:
     ipv6 next-hop YYYY:A::1
  Policy routing matches: 0 packets, 0 bytes
route-map TEST-ROUTE-MAP-V6, permit, sequence 40
  Match clauses:
     ipv6 address prefix-list ABER-IPV6-NORTH
 Set clauses:
     ipv6 next-hop YYYY:800A::1
  Policy routing matches: 0 packets, 0 bytes

sh ipv6 prefix-list
ipv6 prefix-list ABER-IPV6-NORTH: 1 entries
   seq 20 permit YYYY:8011::/64
ipv6 prefix-list ABER-IPV6-SOUTH: 1 entries
   seq 30 permit YYYY:20::/64

Thanks,
Hefin