[c-nsp] ASR 920 Replacement

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Jun 27 11:53:26 EDT 2019

On 27/Jun/19 17:49, Łukasz Bromirski wrote:

> Putting my Cisco hat for a moment:
>
> There are currently no such plans, but the natural current replacement
> would
> be NCS 540 (IOS-XR box) and NCS 560 (XR box as well, more alike
> ASR 903/907 if you need modularity).

I don't know why for a Metro-E application, IOS XR is simply too
heavy... maybe it's just me.

I've not ran IOS XR in anything other than a CRS or ASR9000, so can't
say whether it's any quicker in an NCS*. But if not, I wouldn't want to
be the one speaking to the NOC about why 700 boxes in the Metro are down
for longer than what we had on an ASR920 (IOS XE) for a simple code
upgrade :-).

Mark.