[c-nsp] ASR 920 Replacement

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 14:37:28 EDT 2019

The NCS540 line is definitely edge focused although the initial hardware release probably fits more in an aggregation role for most.  There are differences in feature or scale but I wouldn't say it's less feature rich, in many cases it has more capabilities.

Thanks,
Phil

On 6/27/19, 1:21 PM, "cisco-nsp on behalf of Eric Van Tol" <cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net on behalf of eric at atlantech.net> wrote:

    >There are currently no such plans, but the natural current replacement would
    >be NCS 540 (IOS-XR box) and NCS 560 (XR box as well, more alike
    >ASR 903/907 if you need modularity).

    I was told that there are currently no plans to EoL the ASR920. The NCS, while somewhat similar, is not quite as "feature-rich" as the ASR. I've not yet had the pleasure to test one out, but I'm guessing that means the ASR is more edge-focused while NCS is more aggregation-focused.

    -evt