[c-nsp] Pseudowire and load-balancing - revisit

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Tue Mar 19 13:40:42 EDT 2019

> Saku Ytti
> Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 7:25 PM
>
> However, I don't know how packet is parsed at ingress. Based on your
> explanation it seems on ingress side ASR9k only parses ethertype 0x800 for
> entropy (and maybe 86dd), 0x8847 it does not try to parse for entropy, not
> for labels, not for IP after MPLS. I do not think this is hardware
limitation, so
> this is something you need to talk to your account team with, ask them to
> parse 8847 for entropy, be specific, if you want 8847+IPV4 be parsed for
> L3/L4 keys, ask for it.

Interesting point you raised there,
According to
https://community.cisco.com/t5/service-providers-documents/asr9000-xr-load-b
alancing-architecture-and-characteristics/ta-p/3124809#field
ASR9k can parse 0x8847 for entropy  MPLS - IP Payload, with < 4 labels (or
looking for entropy label)
-but I guess that is constrained only to MPLS enabled interfaces and the
problem here is that the interface in question is just L2 access port.

adam