[c-nsp] IS-IS as PE-CE protocol

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Thu Mar 21 02:06:34 EDT 2019

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com wrote:

> > OSPF as a PE-CE protocol has some useful features: the "DN bit" for loop
> > prevention and sham links for route optimization.
> >
> > Does IS-IS have similar features?
> >
> It does if the PE end is L2 and CE end is L1,

Sorry if I misunderstand, but all neighbors I see from the PEs are level L2.
I don't know if the customer has L1 routers anywhere inside their
network, maybe none at all.

> but for the love of god why
> would you want to shoot yourself in the foot?

Because the customer network is all IS-IS ?
What would be "not shooting myself in the foot" in this case?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49 at fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/