[c-nsp] IS-IS as PE-CE protocol

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Thu Mar 21 11:43:59 EDT 2019

Mark Tinka wrote:

> > Because the customer network is all IS-IS ?
> > What would be "not shooting myself in the foot" in this case?
>
> A protocol designed to speak between 2 different autonomous systems.
>
> If that is not an option, not using a routing protocol is also a good
> idea, i.e., static routing.

Well, the Internet is full of examples and recommendations of an IGP
(most often OSPF) being used between PE and CE, so it must be common
practice. In fact, OSPF even has special enhancements for this very
purpose.

> You're not my immediate competitor, so I'll advise you not to run an IGP
> with a customer.

Again, it seems a common practice to run an IGP with a customer to
import the customer's routes into the provider's MPLS network.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49 at fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/