[c-nsp] IS-IS as PE-CE protocol

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Mar 22 06:35:00 EDT 2019

    Robert Raszuk wrote:
    > Hi Victor,
    >
    > ISIS has analogy to OSPF down bit integrated if this was your question.

    Hopefully it is.

    > But
    > do check with your implementation to make sure if it supports ISIS leaking.
    >
    > PE-CE ISIS is inheriting loop prevention which was defined for ISIS route
    > leaking between levels in RFC2966

    Looks like it. Thank you for the hint!

    > " This document redefines this high-order bit in the default metric
    >
    >    field in TLVs 128 and 130 to be the up/down bit."

    What would be the Cisco command to enable/disable this feature in IS-IS ?
    That would be the easiest way to check if the implementation supports it.

Last time I checked (and it seems nothing has changed since) IS-IS can't run in a VRF, so you can't use it for MPLS-VPN PE-CE links.

IGP support on PE-CE links (like OSPF, EIGRP and RIP [sigh]) has been implemented to enable a seamless transition of typical Enterprise networks from L2 to L3-VPNs. And as ISIS is not a typical Enterprise IGP, it has not been top of mind..

	oli