[c-nsp] ASR9000 Input MIB CRC

Curtis Piehler cpiehler2 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 12:17:55 EDT 2019

I have tried researching this but have not found any substance on this type
of error.  I have an ASR9000 with a Layer3 Bundle-Eth connected to a VPC
Nexus5596.  Both sides run LACP active/active.  The ports are connected via
10G XFP 10G-SR and 10G SFP+ 10G-SR (OM3 Fiber)

One of the Bundle members appears to be accruing active Input MIB CRC which
then reflects on standard Input CRC errors.  These accruing errors do not
seem to be service impacting as there is 500M-1G of traffic on the physical
member 24/7 with sensitive applications such as Voice.  The other member in
the bundle does not appear to exhibit this issue.

    Input error CRC             = 2635490
    Input MIB CRC               = 2635490

The Nexus 5k side just indicates accruing "Output Errors" under the
interface with no further details.  The actual counter error output of the
interface sees nothing.

Port          Align-Err    FCS-Err   Xmit-Err    Rcv-Err  UnderSize
OutDiscards
Eth2/16               0          0          0          0          0
   0

Port         Single-Col  Multi-Col   Late-Col  Exces-Col  Carri-Sen
 Runts
Eth2/16               0          0          0          0          0
   0

Port          Giants SQETest-Err Deferred-Tx IntMacTx-Er IntMacRx-Er
Symbol-Err