[c-nsp] Seamless MPLS interacting with flat LDP domains

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed May 1 07:34:59 EDT 2019

On 1/May/19 00:06, adamv0025 at netconsultings.com wrote:

> What Robert was trying to say, and he's right on that is, that you could do the same with MPLSoUDP.

Yes, I got that.

Back in 2014/2015, I somehow found myself on the MPLS IETF group mailing
list that was working on MPLSoUDP. For me, I don't have a use-case...
ECMP in my network is good enough with traditional tools, for example.

I know the DCI market was/is looking at MPLSoUDP as much as they
were/are EVPN and VXLAN. However, what I don't know is which data centre
operators are running MPLSoUDP, never mind transport network operators.

Also, I don't get out as much as I used to :-)...

Mark.