[c-nsp] ASR9900 - Copy files from USB key

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue May 21 05:28:59 EDT 2019

> On May 20, 2019, at 11:03 PM, Erik Sundberg <ESundberg at nitelusa.com> wrote:
>
> Little follow up.
>
> On a ASR9906 6.3.3 (32bit) the usb key comes up as usb: but on 6.3.3 (64-bit) it's disk2:
>

> Copying the 6.3.3 migration files from a USB Key was 182 seconds, with HTTP it was around 1 hour. (1.3 G File)
> Doing a install add source 6.5.3 64-bit from a USB Key was 15 minutes and using http was an 1 1/2 hours.  (1.5 G File)
>
> So sourcing files from a USB key are 4x times... Which is to be expected.
>
> The bandwidth to the HTTP server is 100M and <30msec latency, but the circuit was never maxed. For some reason coping from a HTTP server is just super slow…

Do you have selective-ack enabled?

Try these and see if your TCP is better:

tcp selective-ack
tcp window-size 65535

We had issues with this in the past at my prior employer and these options solved much of it.  I’m trying to recall if we ever got the window scaling stuff fixed but I forget.  I think their TCP stack didn’t do window scaling if you tcpdump it.  It might be different in eXR.

- Jared