[c-nsp] new ASR9901 ios update / full

cnsp at marenda.net cnsp at marenda.net
Mon Nov 4 12:53:55 EST 2019

> So i did continue and no it is 99-100% full, "install add source ..."
> works but "install activate ..." aborts.
>
> I do not have "userfiles" on it, i did but the ios,tar,smu's onto "harddisk:" .
> I did not find any hint how to make space there, i tried
>
> "clear configuration commits oldest 100"
> "install remove inactive all synchronous"
>
> But this did not help

What helped was

# install deactivate superseded sync
# install commit sync

I found that in an older IOS-XR documentation, not in the current.

When istalling  SMU's in release-date order,
 asr9k-x64-6.5.3.CSCvn74595.tar
results in ssh not working,
going back removes my three ssh config lines
(good to have the serial CON to entert hem again).

After installing all the other SMUs i tried again,
and this time i had no problems.

In the corresponding Readme are some dependencies mentioned
But i was unable to locate them by their name/number.

And after all was over,
i did again
# install deactivate superseded sync
# install commit sync

Plus

# install remove inactive all sync
# install commit sync

"run df -k" show root at 77% .

So i am now thru with this,
i am some dekandes older, my hair went gray .

Probably tomorrow a big bug will be found so an other IOS-XR version ist he new "recommanded" ☹

BTW, TAC was no help on this.

Thank you for your kind help,

Jürgen Marenda.