[c-nsp] MPLS xconnect with a WS-C3850 switch?

Scott Miller fordlove at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 10:49:40 EST 2019

I'm doing this now between ASR920's, works fine.

Here's an example of what I'm doing:

ASR-920-1
interface GigabitEthernet0/0/22
 description xxxxxxxxxx
 mtu 9000
 no ip address
 load-interval 30
 carrier-delay msec 0
 negotiation auto
 !
 service instance 3936 ethernet
  description xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  encapsulation dot1q 3936
  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
  xconnect x.x.x.x 3936 encapsulation mpls (loopback IP of ASR2)
   mtu 1600
 !

ASR-920-2

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/13
 description xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 mtu 9000
 no ip address
 load-interval 30
 carrier-delay msec 0
 negotiation auto
 cdp enable
 !
 service instance 3936 ethernet
  description xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  encapsulation dot1q 3936
  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
  xconnect x.x.x.x 3936 encapsulation mpls  (loopback IP of ASR1)
   mtu 1600
 !

Scott