[c-nsp] cisco VPC problem on nx 3064

Nathan Lannine nathan.lannine at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 05:15:50 EDT 2019

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 2:36 AM BASSAGET Cédric <
cedric.bassaget.ml at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello aain,
> It seems my problem is related to STP.
> After rebooting a switch, VPC peer-link is disabled by spanning tree :
>
> > interface port-channel13
> >   switchport mode trunk
> >   switchport trunk allowed vlan 40
> >   vpc 13
> >
> > interface port-channel14
> >   switchport mode trunk
> >   switchport trunk allowed vlan 40
> >   vpc 14

This really only makes sense if the linux boxen are sending bpdus, but you
could try setting the etherchannel interfaces to "spanning-tree port type
edge trunk".  Of course, if you do so, you should probably run "brctl show"
on your linux endpoints just to ensure they are not somehow running their
bond interfaces in a bridge and sending bpdus.