[c-nsp] Sup2T multicast hardware forwarding missing

Christian Kratzer ck-lists at cksoft.de
Mon Oct 21 03:52:33 EDT 2019

Hi,

On Fri, 18 Oct 2019, Łukasz Bromirski wrote:
> Christian,
>
> What does the 'show mls cef exception status’ say?
>
> If you want, send the SR # to my @cisco.com address (lukasz.bromirski) and I’ll
> look into what’s going on at the TAC end.

summary to the list.

This turned out to be plain old run out of resources

     #show platform hardware cef resource-level
     Global watermarks: apply to Fib shared area only.
     Protocol watermarks: apply to protocols with non-default max-routes

     Fib-size: 256k (262144), shared-size: 248k (253952), shared-usage: 234k(239753)

     Global watermarks:
                         Red_WM: 95%,   Greem_WM: 80%,   Current usage: 94%

     Protocol watermarks:

      Protocol           Red_WM(%)      Green_WM(%)     Current(%)
      --------           ---------      ----------      ----------
      IPV4                --             --              30% (of shared)
      IPV4-MCAST          --             --              0 % (of shared)
      IPV6                --             --              64% (of shared)
      IPV6-MCAST          --             --              0 % (of shared)
      MPLS                --             --              0 % (of shared)
      EoMPLS              --             --              0 % (of shared)
      VPLS-IPV4-MCAST     --             --              0 % (of shared)
      VPLS-IPV6-MCAST     --             --              0 % (of shared)

We just needed a pointer to the right place to look, filterd bgp routes to a minimum and hw forwarding was instantly back.

Neither the gold partner with the support contract nor tac has yet replied with the simple details.

We also searched for ages because we were expecting the router to log something when it runs low on tcam or whatnot hardware resources.

Once again we see that community support seems to run circles around vendor or partner support contracts.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                   CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck at cksoft.de               Wildberger Weg 24/2