[c-nsp] Cisco 4000 series (4461) as a BGP router?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Oct 28 10:42:35 EDT 2019

On 28/Oct/19 14:20, Patrick M. Hausen wrote:

> Yet the only numbers I am really interested in are:
>
> 	How many routes will each of these systems hold in the data plane?
> 	And how many full-feed BGP peers can it handle in the control plane?
>
> And these are not in this effing table!
>
> This is frustrating …

It doesn't immediately strike me that you have spent any time speaking
with Juniper or one of their partners about your needs and what product
in their arsenal comes close to your requirements.

There is nothing wrong with getting advice from this group, but half the
work is speaking with the experts on the product (the manufacturers) and
the other half is the real-world (where this list, and others like it,
come in).

So to be frustrated about what is not published on a web site just
screams to me of finding an excuse not to consider the platform.

Many of us here spend countless hours in vendor labs and EBC's when we
could be out having a nice dinner with our friends and families, so we
can obtain an unbiased and fair view of the kit we want to buy to build
and operate our networks. I'd suggest doing a bit of this legwork before
concluding on whether a vendor is right for you or not.

Mark.