[c-nsp] new ASR9901 ios update problem

Tim Warnock timoid at timoid.org
Wed Oct 30 07:39:55 EDT 2019

eXR makes this so much easier.

Other than the pain of 6.3.2 -> 6.3.3 (where RPM moved to code signing) pretty much none of that is necessary.

But yeah, 3* lines should get you from any version > 6.3.3 to any other version. ([conf t, fpd auto-upgrade enable, commit, end,] copy url://<ip>/file harddisk:/ [vrf <VRF>], install add source harddisk:/ <file>, install activate id <id from previous comand>)

You can even stage the install during normal hours so the final activation happens much faster (copy, install add source, install prepare <id> then later on install activate).

But - if you really don't want to spend a few minutes setting up a tarball with all of the packages you want installed in one go then I hear CSM might be the solution. Also should handle RPM hell if you have lots of SMUs...