[c-nsp] how many IGP routes is too many?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Apr 2 14:25:09 EDT 2020

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 02, 2020 at 07:57:24PM +0200, Pierfrancesco Caci wrote:
> I need to clean up some garbage. I need to assess how thorough I have to
> be in the cleaning.

In the long run: whatever you do, it needs to be consistent.

So having "all routes from this POP in BGP, all routes from that
POP in OSPF" will hurt your ops people trying to troubleshoot anything.

So whatever you do, make sure it's consistent across all comparable
devices...

(We run "loopbacks in EIGRP or OSPF or OSPFv3, plus BGP for the rest",
and I sometimes question the wisdom of this...)

gert