[c-nsp] [External] SDx open standard?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Apr 8 07:23:11 EDT 2020

On 26/Mar/20 18:59, adamv0025 at netconsultings.com wrote:

> How I view MEF is in their role of facilitator/mediator for inter-operator
> standards.
> Their original work on Metro Ethernet standards and network certification
> was very helpful for the industry (certainly some ~8 years back when ME was
> blooming and everyone was jumping the bandwagon).
> Now with the hype around SDN NFV and automation of service provisioning they
> seem like a natural choice of existing body for mediating
> inter-operator/provider standards (work on LSO...) they have stellar
> materials on NFV and SDN I recommend everyone to read in order to fill in
> the gaps and unite our dictionary (same like for the ME dictionary)
> And recently they are doing similar thing for SD-WAN...

So for some time, we followed this work, particularly as it entered into
the IP space (between 2013 - 2016). While there is plenty of material on
all manner of interconnection strategies, apart from operator support
for the spec., I don't know of anyone actually implementing and using
what has been defined.

Not trying to bash the MEF, but just wondering where all the good work
can be found in the wild.

Mark.