[c-nsp] RPKI extended-community RFC8097

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Sat Apr 18 15:34:57 EDT 2020

> Gert Doering
> Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2020 4:58 PM
>
> We really like Arista.  Yes, they can not do everything Cisco can, but the
stuff
> that they *do* has been really rock-solid for us (and the "oh, that does
not
> work" bits are not as surprising as with Cisco... ran into "no, you cannot
have
> STP for a VLAN with mixed tagged untagged ports on IOS XR" yesterday,
> much to my dismay).

They actually do have STP on XR? Why?
Yes ASR9k was meant as L2 switch initially, but then they changed their mind
and turned it into a router, i.e. LAG. MC-LAG, BUM rate limiters and
split-horizon groups in bridge-domains I'd consider as the right tools (or
REP if pushed hard), but STP? I guess you found yourself between a rock and
a hard place in your design.

adam