[c-nsp] RPKI extended-community RFC8097

Radu-Adrian FEURDEAN cisco-nsp at radu-adrian.feurdean.net
Tue Apr 21 17:34:04 EDT 2020

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020, at 22:42, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> > BIRD. And RFC8097 doesn't exactly match that scenario either.
>
> RFC8097 is ibgp only.  There are compelling reasons not to do this with ebgp.

That's why it "doesn't exactly match the scenario". And why IXPs that signal validation state, do it their own way (LINX and France-IX comes to my mind).
However, did you note that after the "MUST drop the extcomm", the next phrase says: "However, it SHOULD be possible to configure an implementation to send or *accept* the community when warranted" ?

--
R.-A. Feurdean