[c-nsp] EVPN/VXLAN on ASR9001 - BGP announcements not working

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Thu Apr 30 08:14:12 EDT 2020

> Gert Doering
> Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 4:22 PM
>
> remember me...?  Fighting with this "simple task" since quite a few
weeks...

> On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 11:52:03AM +0200, Gert Doering wrote:
> > I'm trying to make EVPN via VXLAN encapsulation work between two
> > ASR9001 (with the goal of eventually making it work between ASR9001
> > and Arista boxes, but right now I'm failing ASR9001 <-> ASR9001
already).

Would it be feasible to go the EVPN over MPLS route? Arista might support
some basic MPLS forwarding (most Data-Centre switches do).

Never understood this VXLAN nonsense in DC universe (not the comics), in SP
space this was a solved problem and is a well-trodden path since ever -PWs,
VPLS now EVPN (even with traffic engineering possibilities -you know the
mice around elephant flows...)
MPLS to DCs is my answer.

adam