[c-nsp] Campus Network - Deployment mode of Perimeter Firewalls

Yham yhameed81 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 23:33:06 EDT 2020

Hello Nick,

Thanks for your comments. I kinda agree with you on avoid using transparent
mode however not clear why you wouldn't want your north-south traffic pass
through perimeter security devices (FWs). how would you protect your
network from outside if you don't have firewalls in the traffic path? I
have seen some enterprises use by-pass switches to go around the firewalls
in case of an unexpected failure from where firewalls can't recover.

Thanks