[c-nsp] BGP Maximum Prefix limit on Edge routers

Curtis Piehler cpiehler2 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 09:17:19 EDT 2020

Yes this is a common practice to follow for extra security measures.  In
the off chance a provider starts flooding your network with more than what
is required it will safe guard your network.  You can set a slightly higher
warning threshold.  Usually more prevalent in MPLS environments as there
are more memory constraints on carrying Internet routes in multiple VRFs
could be detrimental to memory.  Unlikely it would happen but always need
to think of better ways to safe guard your network.  For as long as humans
are in existence there will always be room for error.