[c-nsp] ASR920 LACP and xconnect

hank at interall.co.il hank at interall.co.il
Fri Aug 21 01:34:14 EDT 2020

We have seen that as well.  We had that recently with a new
international carrier.
Turns out when they set up the circuit on their optical switching
equipment (whether it be Ciena, ECI, Infinera, Cisco or whoever),
there are some knobs that need to be adjusted to allow through all
types of packets.  After having our NOC staff eat 4 hours in the wee
hours of the morning trying to debug why the LACP bundle would not
come up, a simple change by the carrier the next day had the new
circuits up in a matter of seconds.

Regards,
Hank

Caveat: The views expressed above are solely my own and do not express
the views or opinions of my employer