[c-nsp] ASR920 LACP and xconnect

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Fri Aug 21 14:30:46 EDT 2020

Problem is essentially resolved. I got one direct response telling me to try configuring a pseudowire interface and using l2vpn context, then add the Po1 and PW interfaces as members. While I believe that would have worked, I discovered the customer wasn't even using their untagged VLAN2 for anything, so I pulled that VLAN out of the EFP and rebuilt it:

interface Port-channel1
 mtu 1600
 no ip address
 load-interval 30
 negotiation auto
 no keepalive
 service instance 1 ethernet
  encapsulation dot1q 1,3-4094
  xconnect x.x.x.x 1234 encapsulation mpls pw-class Raw-Mode-VC5
   mtu 1600
 !
 service instance 2 ethernet
  encapsulation untagged
  l2protocol peer lacp
 !
end

This seems to have stopped the removal and re-insertion of the member ports from/into the LAG. I had assumed the customer was using this untagged VLAN, as it was specifically configured on their trunk port as one of two allowed VLANs. Thanks to all.

-evt

On 8/21/20, 1:55 PM, "cisco-nsp on behalf of Gert Doering" <cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net on behalf of gert at greenie.muc.de> wrote:

    Hi,

    On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 08:34:14AM +0300, hank at interall.co.il wrote:
    > We have seen that as well.  We had that recently with a new
    > international carrier.
    > Turns out when they set up the circuit on their optical switching
    > equipment (whether it be Ciena, ECI, Infinera, Cisco or whoever),
    > there are some knobs that need to be adjusted to allow through all
    > types of packets.  After having our NOC staff eat 4 hours in the wee
    > hours of the morning trying to debug why the LACP bundle would not
    > come up, a simple change by the carrier the next day had the new
    > circuits up in a matter of seconds.

    LACP bundles *through* two ASR920s actually work nicely.

    Just LACP *to* an ASR920, and then forwarding said bundle via EoMPLS
    (not individual VLANs, but "all of the poX interface") fails.

    gert