[c-nsp] eBGP/iBGP question

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Dec 24 03:56:11 EST 2020

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 10:16:08AM +0200, hank at interall.co.il wrote:
> Ideas and clues welcome.

BGP will only ever signal the best path onward.

So if R1 decides "I like eBGP paths behind R2 much more!", it will never
send its own eBGP paths to R2, because they are not "best".

There is "bgp best-external" and "bgp add-paths" to achieve other
results, but those have implications - like "more memory usage" and
on XR "best-external does totally weird things unless you run labeled-
unicast".

gert